Sub Saharan Turning Point was founded to identify the most critical areas of need and to formulate solutions. People of the Sub-Saharan have seen their personal defenses “crumble away” through war, hunger, or lack of effective government. I believe we can make a difference in affected communities through education and active participation by organizations such as this.
- Reduction or elimination of hunger- assisting farmers with seeds and farm tools, food bank initiative
- Environmental- education on recycling and environmental pollutants such as plastic bags and bottles, water ways pollution and deforestation.
- Mental Health and Destigmatization- mental or brain health education, mentally challenged homelessness.
- Boreholes for clean drinking water
- Good Health and Well being-tackling rejection of the sick and dying by healthcare facilities and hospitals.
Ben-el is the president of the of the organization, a pharmacist by profession, and a member of African Christian Fellowship in Dallas Fort Worth, Texas. It is a community that models integrity, excellence, and compassion to mobilize and empower Africans worldwide to impact their generations and Africa. The association was responsible for organizing, commissioning and building a clinic/hospital in Samuel town, Sierra Leone. For more information, logon to www.acfusa.org
We also work with Achi Community in S/E Nigeria in their health care under takings and initiatives- to build a functional health care center where patients can be seen instead of in a school. Logon to their website for more information: www.achiassociationusa.org
Go to Get Involved to see how you can help.